"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Friday, November 25, 2011

Why Read Picture Books?



You can also view the Why Picture Books Are Important video on quietube.   Sadly, Picture Book Month is drawing to a close.  I love how my students have so wholly embraced this initiative, from learning about authors and illustrators and participating in Skype conversations to making Wordles, VoiceThreads and PowerPoint presentations.  Watching my students write about and listening to them speak about picture books is heartening, they recognize the importance of picture books.






4 comments:

  1. Love these clips, love these students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for celebrating Picture Book Month! Your students are sooo wise! Hooray for picture books. Read * Share * Celebrate!

    Warmly,
    Dianne de Las Casas
    Founder, Picture Book Month

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting a video. May I post it on my blog? http://www.mrschureads.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for these lovely comments. I wish every month created such a wonderful buzz in my library and in my school! Yes, Mr. Schu, I would be pleased to have you post it on your blog! I loved your Picture Book Month video.

    ReplyDelete