"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

(Book)marking Picture Book Month!

It's 1:30 on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and I am still sitting in my library!

I am so excited by what my students created today and I don't want to wait until after Thanksgiving to share it. Our Picture Book Month celebrations have been wonderfully full here, with the students making Wordles, VoiceThreads, slide shows about authors and, the best part: reading an incredible amount of picture books!

Today we made bookmarks for our Picture Book Month Partners (schools in other parts of the country).  My students were so excited that another student, somewhere else in the country would be using their bookmarks to hold a page in a book.  It makes me proud.  I left the parameters pretty open, save for that the theme should be about celebrating picture books.  I walked about with my digital camera in one hand and my flip in the other.  Pictures and an Animoto movie below.  The student interviews will be posted later tonight.

As one student so aptly said: Reading is Rad!



3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! Today, on Thanksgiving, I am thankful for educators like you, who inspire children to read and be their best. I LOVED watching your bookmark video. I actually bawled seeing all the students' bookmarks, especially when I saw the one with the Picture Book Month owl and squirrel. It made me realize how far-reaching this initiative has been and how lucky all picture book creators are to have people like you. Again, thank you so much. I am touched. I am blessed. I am thankful.

    November is Picture Book Month! Read * Share * Celebrate!

    Warmly,
    Dianne de Las Casas
    Author & Storyteller
    Founder of Picture Book Month

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading IS rad!!! Just read The Big Orange Splotch with Callum last night...
    ....I told him it was highly recommended by his cousin jennifer...
    we loved it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this so much! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete