"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Thursday, September 25, 2014

What would your BEEKLE Look like?




This week's conversation with my students centers around a character trait that I hope my students will bring to our learning community and their learning experiences: Courage. To frame our conversation, I read The Adventures of Beekle, The Unimaginary Friend, written and illustrated by Dan Santat and published by Little Brown.



Just as Beekle does the unimaginable

and finds something magical

so too will we....

As another way to connect with the story, my first graders created images of the imaginary friend that they would like to come find them. Love these...

























~~~~~~~~~
About Beekle: "This magical story begins on an island far away where an imaginary friend is born. He patiently waits his turn to be chosen by a real child, but when he is overlooked time and again, he sets off on an incredible journey to the bustling city, where he finally meets his perfect match and-at long last-is given his special name: Beekle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment