"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Saturday, February 8, 2014

World Read Aloud Day Blogging Challenge

Raise your voice in support of global literacy!

Take part in theWorld Read Aloud Day "Raising Our Voices" Blogging Challenge. World Read Aloud Day is an international event, created by LitWorld, to raise awareness of the importance of global literacy efforts. 

"By raising our voices together on this day we show the world’s children that we support their future: that they have the right to read, to write, and to share their words to change the world."

The Raising Our Voices Blogging Challenge begins the week of February 10th and runs through the week of March 9th. Each week you will be asked to write a post in response to a prompt or question (outlined below), for a total of 4 posts counting down to March 5, 2014, World Read Aloud Day.

I participated in the blogging challenge last year. Here are my posts:

Week 1: What do you think is special about reading aloud?

Week 2: Reading: Now and Then

Week 3: A Snapshot of My Reading Life

Week 4: Read it Forward 

2014 Weekly Blog Challenge Schedule

Week 1: February 10 - 16
What is your earliest or fondest memory in which someone read aloud to you?

Week 2: February 17 - 23
Answering the following questions with a child. The child can be a student or your own. Please share both of your answers to the following questions:
1. I think everyone in the world should read…

2. If I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would be…

3. When I read aloud, my favorite character to impersonate is…

4. The genre or author that takes up the most room on my bookshelf (or e-reader) is…

5. My favorite part about reading aloud or being read to is...

Week 3: February 24 - March 2
A Snapshot of My Reading Life
Post a photo that gives readers a glimpse into your reading life. 

Week 4: March 3 - 9
Raising Our Voices
Share what you will be reading on World Read Aloud Day, and why you chose this particular piece to read aloud.

If you choose to take up the WRAD Raising Our Voices blogging challenge, make sure to tweet your weekly posts to @litworldsays and use the hashtag #WRAD #readaloud.

Happy blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment