Non-Fiction Picture Book Wednesday is hosted by Alyson at Kid Lit Frenzy but today is also NF PB 10 x 10 hosted by Cathy Mere from Reflect and Refine, Mandy Robek from Enjoy and Embrace Learning and Julie Balen from Write at the Edge! All posts will be linked up at Write at the Edge and then moved over to this jog later in the week!
Here's my 10 for 10I was once criticized by a student for reading biographies mainly about women. I was surprised because there are quite a few biographies about men that I always read or promote, such as: Boys of Steel, An Eye for Color, Jacques Cousteau, Roberto Clemente, and the Dinosaurs of Waterhouse Hawkins (to say nothing of more well-known political figures whose biographies sell themselves).
So, today, here are ten biographies about women - women who have inspired me and hopefully my students!
1. Fannie in the Kitchen by Deborah Hopkinson
2. Quiet No More by Doreen Rappaport
3. Planting the Trees of Kenya by Claire Nivola
4. What to Do About Alice? by Barbara Kerley
5. Moses by Carole Boston Weatherford
6. I Could Do That! by Linda Arms White
7. Elizabeth Leads the Way! by Tanya Lee Stone
8. Uncommon Traveler by Don Brown
9. Mrs. Harkness and the Panda by Alicia Potter
10. Me...Jane by Patrick McDonnell