"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Friday, February 21, 2014

These Wordles and Tagxedos are totally WRAD!

I mean, totally, World Read Aloud Day

My students are raising their voices in support of global literacy. The 5th grader spent February 14th exploring what last year's students created for WRAD, as well as refreshing their understanding about the initiative. I then gave the students the option of using one of our tools to communicate why reading is important to them. 

I find it interesting that so many students chose to use the hand symbol for their message. These students were not seeing each other's work.  **My apologies...these photos have been accidentally deleted.

Also, because we have been exploring Storybird, here are four stories that some students created to share their message about the power of story. 





How will you raise your voice in support of global literacy?

No comments:

Post a Comment