"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Wherein we send off our letters and the Pen Pal Relationship begins

Way back in September, my second grade students and I read  DEAR DRAGON, written by Josh Funk and illustrated by Rodolfo Montalvo. Inspired by the Pen Pal relationship in the book, they sat down to write their own.  It has taken a while, but the students have edited and illustrated their letters and yesterday, I finally mailed them! They are off to their Pen Pals in Minnesota. I am extremely excited to see how these students grow in their ability to correspond and share the experiences in their lives. The hope is to exchange three letters this year. Stay tuned for more reflections as the year progresses.



No comments:

Post a Comment