"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Sign of the Times

I've been working on new signs for my library.  

The ideas are not earth shattering, but here they are:

Here's my Call Number...
...so find me maybe

I am working on making a stronger connection between Destiny, our online catalogue, and the books on the shelf. I model using Destiny and teach a number of lessons each year, but there are still the students who come to me asking for help to find a book...
...sometimes without the call number. :)






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keeping Current...
...of the events
Instead of taking down the books on top of the bookcase and putting up thematic books, I've decided to create a basket for them.  This way I don't lose my limited display space and can also turn attention to the  thematic books.  This is just the start, but I am thinking I can make reusable signs for holidays and other events.




I took this picture yesterday after school.  After my four kindergarten classes this morning almost all the books were gone.  I hadn't even mentioned or drawn attention to the basket. Interesting...


 I am sure it has not escaped your notice that I have no wall space in my library.  I don't want to cover up all the windows, so will probably have to cycle through signage as the year goes along. 


1 comment:

  1. Call Number Maybe is totally adorable! I have to admit that signage is DEFINITELY my weakness. I need to sit down and crank out some signs and tape them up! For some reason I think they have to be these fabulously fancy and extraordinary signs on the shelves so guess what...no signs. Thanks for inspiring me with some very cute ideas.

    ReplyDelete