"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Are you ready?

It's a question I am often asked as summer draws to a close and a new school year approaches...

Am I ready? 
What is it I am to be ready for? 

Exciting learning experiences with my students?
Creating a classroom community?
Finding cool ways to connect students, books, and technology? 
Developing fun collaborative lessons with grade level teachers?


Then, yes, I am ready.


I love this first day.  Its a fresh start for everyone.  You can read the hopeful expressions on teachers and students faces alike.  The 437 or so faces that I helped greet this morning all looked pretty excited to be back at school.  Even those who feel prepared but not ready or ready but not prepared are all thrown together on this first day to begin creating a new learning community. 

Cool stuff.


Ready or not, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment