"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A poetic snapshot



This poem was written by a fourth grader. I don't think I could have produced something so personal and beautiful at that age (or possibly even now). I continue to be impressed with the students willingness to express their ideas and emotions. The students have been producing blackout, fibs, rebus, acrostic, shape, book spine, 5 senses, Haiku, and free verse poetry.

A snapshot of our poetry-filled week

Free Verse Poems






Rhyming Poems



Blackout Poems













Fibs







Rebus Poems









5 Senses Poems
(1st graders wrote these)












Haiku
(Thanks to Peter H. Reynolds and Bob Raczka's 
book Guyku for inspiration)








Book Spine Poems




Shape Poems

Acrostics












Most of the classrooms are engaged in some form of poetry exploration, so my unit compliments this classroom instruction. I've also been collaborating with classroom teachers to bring poetry into the other areas of the curriculum like science and social studies. I'll be posting these soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment