"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

"I think policies are the understanding of a privilege" Giving Students a Voice: Policy Versus Rule

 
After last week's lesson and discussion on the Acceptable Use Policy (I like Technology Use Policy) and the word choice of policy versus rule, the fifth graders practiced the AUP and being good digital citizens by taking to Padlet and sharing their opinions. I am incredibly impressed by their thoughtfulness as well as creativity. There are some great analogies here as well as some fairly long statements. I see where there are opportunities to talk about grammar, punctuation and formality, but these are minor items given how impressive the content of their messages are:













No comments:

Post a Comment