"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Thursday, May 1, 2014

"Forces make things move, variables are differences, motion is movement"

More second grade science poetry!
After the first second grade class came to the library to create poetry as part of their Forces Of Motion unit,
 The second of three second grade classroom students and their teacher came to the library to be poets.
Like the other classes we brainstormed words that went along with the science unit.
 Unlike the first class, we now had student work examples to inspire these budding poets.
 I am really liking this form of expression.
 The students are able to express their new understanding in a way that allows for their individual voices to be heard.












As for me? 
I'm learning quite a lot about forces of motion. 
I'm collaborating with classroom teachers.
I'm watching students producing knowledge products in the library.

#coolbeans

No comments:

Post a Comment