"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Friday, May 30, 2014

Haiku Poetry created with Storybird by Fifth Graders

The fifth graders will be writing Haiku poems about their school experiences for their graduation performance. As a way to scaffold this assignment, I worked with them to create Haiku poems. I reviewed the structure of a Haiku and then went over the assignment. The students had to create a Haiku with one of these themes: summer, reading, school, library, or books. The students used the template from ReadWriteThink. After creating a Haiku, the students could choose from one of four technology tools to present their poems. I had created examples for each form. They can be found on the assignment page.

Here is my poem created using Storybird.


Here are the students' Storybird poems.














1 comment: