"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Sunday, January 13, 2019

The Year in Books: People, Places, and Themes. Third Stop: My favorite books about THEMES.

Over the last two posts, I have shared my favorite books about people and places.This post looks at themes. Themes like friendship, courage, empathy, loss, curiosity, and war. Here's the thing: it's all about love. Each of the books that I share below has a central message of love, enduring, impossible, beautiful LOVE.

If you looked at the previous posts, you will know that I looked back over the books that I read with students this year and thought about the ones that I most enjoyed reading, the ones that the students connected with, and the ones I just could not stop thinking about. These are the books that helped shape our learning community; grow minds and hearts; and, inspire critical thinking. Oh, and these books are beautifully written, illustrated, and produced


THEMES
Below are my favorite books, presented by theme and in alphabetical order by title.

FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS















LOSS


 

COURAGE AND EMPATHY


 






















BEING A FRIEND




CURIOSITY





Check out my favorite books about PLACES here. 

Check out my favorite books about PEOPLE here.

No comments:

Post a Comment