"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 7/22/13

Jen Vincent, who blogs over at Teach Mentor Texts and created a meme called, It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 

I love to check in on her blog (as well as the other bloggers sharing their reading choices) each week.  If you are on Twitter, you can follow the hashtag, #IMWAYR.

It's Monday! I Am Reading:
The Real Boy by Anne Ursu
Anne's ability to create fantasy adventure stories rooted in folk literature was ably demonstrated in Breadcrumbs.  That book secured for her a devoted following.  The Real Boy once again mixes a little magic, mystery and suspense into a fantasy adventure. I am already hooked. Check it out on Goodreads.

Tea Party Rules written by Ame Dyckman and illustrated by K.G. Campbell
I loved Boy + Bot and expect this one will not disappoint. Ame's creative and joyful spirit shines the light on unexpected friendships - friendships that focus on finding out what brings us together, not what separates us as beings. This tea party should be fun! Check it out on Goodreads.

Nelson Mandela written and illustrated by Kadir Nelson
Kadir begins this biography with the first turning point in Mandela's life, the death of his father and his relocation to a school in Johannesburg.  It's Kadir Nelson. It's Nelson Mandela. I am really looking forward to spending time with this book. Check it out on Goodreads.

Little Red Writing by Joan Holub and illustrated by Melissa Sweet
This version of Little Red Riding Hood brings Little Red (the pencil) along the perilous path of writing - no wolves here, but plenty of other dangers!  I love stories that wrap inspiration and helpful knowledge in whimsy and humor. I hope to sharpen my own writing skills! Check it out on Goodreads

I'm off to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment