"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

If Imitation is the Highest Form of Flattery....

My first graders and I were checking in with our Library Pals in Minnesota.  They sent us a Voicethread of their thoughts and opinions about the Caldecott-winning books.  We were all set to continue the conversation, when some odd glitches happened with Voicethread.  (I had no "j" or "k" on my keyboard and the voices wouldn't actually record.  I ended up opening a word document and cutting and pasting their comments into the Voicethread.)

I went old school with marker and paper! There are days when it is busy enough that I don't get back to check on the posters.  Today was one of those days.  
If imitation is the highest form of flattery... then Aaron Reynolds and Peter Brown, you should be very, very flattered! I think my students have found their new favorite character!










This isn't quite what I envisioned, but is better than what I could have imagined.  I think what I didn't appreciate with Creepy Carrots is how much the students would identify with the carrots...something sinister this way comes....

No comments:

Post a Comment