"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I love a rainy day.....

...And so did most of my 3rd grade students who started writing their Guyku Haiku today.  Look back here for some rain inspired Guyku soon.  

For those of you contemplating doing this project as well, the Guide to Writing Guyku was very helpful as was the Sample Guyku.  I printed out a few of each and left them on tables in the library.  For the next two classes, I plan to add time to brainstorm as a whole group a few spring themes and words as it was harder for some to know where to begin.

All that great creativity by my students inspired me to write my own Galku (See the website for details).

Rain drops from the sky
leave behind a puddle to
reflect its glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment