"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Fifth graders reflect on Kate Messner's Visit

The incredible Kate Messner visit my school last week. I thought the visit was fabulous and very much enjoyed preparing the students for the visit, but what did the students think? No surprise here, they loved it as well. 

One student's reaction lead her family to email me about how much she loved it!  "____ LOVED Kate Messner's visit today! She told us all about it over dinner., from how Kate researched the breakout story to how she had some inspiration from the musical Hamilton. I loved hearing how Kate spent a day in the Bronx to develop a character better. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that the visit was a success in _____'s book. 

I thought it would be interesting to give the students an option to share their reactions to Kate's visit by using any of the formats she used to write BREAKOUT. You will see examples of lists, letters, text messages, comics, recipes, and I added Six Word Memoirs. Check it out!

LISTS

TEXT CONVERSATIONS





COMICS


LETTERS





RECIPES


SIX WORD MEMOIRS







  

COVER IDEAS




No comments:

Post a Comment