"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Sunday, January 13, 2019

The Year in Books: People, Places, and Themes. Second Stop: My favorite books about PLACES.

One of my favorite places

Over the next few posts, I will share my favorite books about people, places and themesThere are many "best of" book posts so how does this one differ? I looked back over the books that I read with students this year and thought about the ones that I most enjoyed reading, the ones that the students connected with, and the ones I just could not stop thinking about. These are the books that helped shape our learning community; grow minds and hearts; and, inspire critical thinking. Oh, and these books are beautifully written, illustrated, and produced. What a year it has been for those of us whose job it is to share literature with children.


PLACES
Below are my favorite books, in alphabetical order by title, about places.










Interested in which books about PEOPLE made my favorite list? Check them out here.

Interested in which books about THEMES made my favorite list? Check them out here

No comments:

Post a Comment